Pro Tip 1
Fall Debris on roof and in gutter Roof system components
All steep-slope roof systems (i.e., roofs with slopes of 25 percent or more) have five basic components:
1. Roof covering: shingles, tile, slate or metal and underlayment that protect the sheathing from weather.
2. Sheathing: boards or sheet material that are fastened to roof rafters to cover a house or building.
3. Roof structure: rafters and trusses constructed to support the sheathing.
4. Flashing: sheet metal or other material installed into a roof system’s various joints and valleys to prevent water seepage.
5. Drainage: a roof system’s design features, such as shape, slope and layout that affect its ability to shed water.
Whether it is Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall your roof is always what protects your home from the ever-changing weather conditions constantly attacking your home. Weather and time are the biggest enemies to the integrity of any roof. Tips like this will help to ensure that you get the longest life out of your roof and the best protection of your investment.